Here are a few lovely items to help inspire you as you prepare your table this year. I have been in charge of setting and decorating the table at my family gathering since I was a little girl (thanks to the graciousness and patience of my mother and grandmother!). I love gathering all of my items (leaves, nuts, cranberries, candles, paper, ribbon, sticks, fabric, fruit…) and hearing all of the comments such as “I have no idea what you’re doing, but I’m sure it going to look good!”
I hope this collection sparks an idea that will make your Thanksgiving day table the prettiest one yet!
1) The perfect rustic centerpiece: candle on slices of wood, with perfectly balanced touches of twine, dried flowers, and yarn.
2) vintage book table runner; so unique, so simple, so classy… and it doesn’t matter if a little gravy spills.
3) The Thankful Tree: such a great idea! Tiny thankful notes are hung on delicate branches. Such a pretty way to remind us how much we have to thank God for.
4) Beautifully simple napkin rings. These babies are not only darling and pretty, but very cost effective! Roll up your lovely cloth napkins (or make your own out of cream cotton) tie with a unique ribbon and tuck in a sprig of Bittersweet (or any lovely, small flower or plant). I love the colors and contrast in this selection. Beautiful.
5) This lovely “Harvest Garland” is so cheery and whimsical. It’s the perfect addition to your mantle or staircase. This one is sold by Anthropologie and has stunning little copper and silver accents, not to mention birch and black walnuts… but you could certainly make your own with a collection of found items!