Fine Art Print Packaging (and why I think the mailman loves me)

April 7, 2014

Actually, that’s a lie.  I don’t really think my mailman loves me at all.  In fact it may be the very opposite.  Poor guy.  Every time I go to the post office I see wide eyes.  Usually wide eyes mean “oh my word, look at those cute kids!”  or “wow.  I totally love your studio” or some such lovely thing.  But I somehow, I don’t think that’s quite the vibe I’m picking up at the good ol’ USPS office.

BUT, while I may have heaps of packages and tubes to mail (thank you all, btw, and I love you so much), I DO have the prettiest packages they ever will see.

Artwork Packaging: Emily Jeffords Studio

My thought of a beautiful package is one laden with love and intention – but minimalistic and sweet.  …and yes, I’ve totally spent time thinking about this (haven’t you?!)  Less is more, but I love to make sure the details included in the packaging make the artwork inside even more special.

I am lucky.  The reproductions I create are printed by a local print shop, Dapper Ink (check them out because they are rockin’ amazing), on super fine canvas that is printed in many layers.  It’s so flexible and sturdy they can be bent or rolled without any longterm recourse.

Each print is special to me.  Each painting captures a bit of my heart and soul.  My hope is that every single customer, buyer, and collector feels that intention and love.

Artwork Packaging: Emily Jeffords Studio

See the full collection of prints (and get a pretty package of your own) in my Etsy shop.

1. April 7, 2014 8:36 am

Cute packaging

2. April 7, 2014 9:32 am

I love packaging! It makes a person feel super special to receive a piece of mail that has been personalized! Good luck to you and continue to have fun :)

3. April 7, 2014 10:47 am

I actually fell in love with a print over in your Etsy shop and might just have to take the plunge and make the purchase. I was so torn but now I see one that I really love. The one that I saw on IG yesterday with the red in it, will you be adding that at all as a print?

• April 7, 2014 11:39 am

That’s so great to hear! I will be adding that lovely pink & red painting (it still needs a name!) to my Etsy shop. It will take about 2 weeks before it will be added though. Willing to wait? ;)

4. April 7, 2014 11:37 am

So beautiful. I like that you pay attention to details!!

5. April 7, 2014 2:21 pm

I have been a natural and colleges artist my entire life, love your posts.

6. April 9, 2014 2:31 pm

So glad to see someone who believe so passionately in packaging. I dreamed of being a Macy’s wrapper as a kid- I remember so vividly going with my aunt once on a shopping trip- and tripping out and the packing. So to this day- even though my little shop is just a DIY space I offer free gift wrap on ANYTHING and always DO IT UP when we ship. #loveWashi

7. April 9, 2014 7:12 pm

I cannot wait to settle down and purchase your artwork – I’d love to go the commission route and I’m waiting for the day that I’m in the right space to have you create a masterpiece!

8. April 9, 2014 11:09 pm

I enjoyed meeting you on the bridge. Keep up the great work!

9. April 9, 2014 11:13 pm

I enjoyed meeting you on the bridge. Keep up the great work! Please go to reverbnation.com/AndyShelton and go to drew5571.wordpress.com

10. April 14, 2014 11:08 am

when the jing starts flowing again I will be getting one of your pretty packages. How wonderful and special. thanks for sharing how yours go out

11. April 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Wow I am way impressed, and a great built article also.

12. May 16, 2014 7:46 pm

I love your packaging! Thanks for sharing….