Lake Days and Birthdays

August 8, 2013

Lake Days; landscape painting a day by Emily Jeffords

Hello!

Today is my birthday (woot!) and I can’t imagine a better way to spend my birthday then surrounded by my family, spending a week together at the Lake, having a ball together.  It’s wonderful.  My parent’s are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary next month, and to celebrate they organized this trip (no small task with 17 people to coordinate!)  provided this beautiful house on the lake, a speed boat, and a place for all of their children, grandchildren (aka, my two girls), and loved ones to gather.  And all of this just happens to fall on my birthday…  What a treat!

I spent the afternoon yesterday on the covered balcony, listening to soft music, warm rain drops falling on the lake… just painting away.  It was ridiculously peaceful and beautiful.  This painting, “Lake Days”, is definitely inspired by both my view and the feeling of the afternoon.  Having two small children the chance to paint in “plein air” is rare and precious.

“Lake Days” is a texture-full, color loving, welcoming, comforting, yet elegant landscape painting.
16×20 inches, oil paint on canvas.
Now available for $100 in my studio shop!

I’m sorry I don’t have my usual pretty photos of the painting over the fireplace.  I am, obviously, away from my studio right now.  But I totally trust your imagination.  This painting is lovely and will look simply beautiful in your space!

One more painting to go!  I will post this last painting on Monday at noon.
It’s my birthday!  I think I deserve a long weekend and some rest before the craziness of moving/craft show sets in.

newhome Lake Days; landscape painting a day by Emily Jeffordssignature

1. sarah permalink
    August 8, 2013 12:59 pm

happy happy birthday. i always think it’s fun to celebrate birthdays away from normalcy. i get to be at the beach for mine this year!
    love this painting too….

2. August 8, 2013 4:09 pm

Wow this is beautiful, great colour & tone.

3. August 8, 2013 6:10 pm

Happy brithday! Wonderful work!

4. August 9, 2013 10:07 pm

I have nominated you for the Virtual Blogger’s Award. I think your site is as beautiful as it is informative. You have an elegant style about you. Here’s the link to my blog where you can accept your award (copy and insert in your blog). There’s a bit of effort involved, but I’ve found it a wonderful exercise. http://wp.me/p3DnOh-7w

5. September 5, 2013 5:11 am

Fantastic pics!!! Congratulations :)

6. January 2, 2014 2:52 pm

Lovely blog, congrats!! Mine es http://blogdenuria.com

7. January 2, 2014 2:53 pm

Lovely blog, congrats!! Mine is http://blogdenuria.com