Easiest Ever Chalkboard Lettering DIY
This is a DIY I did for one of my favorite groups, the Indie Craft Parade, but I have never shared it with you, my dear readers! This DIY has been SO HELPFUL and I think you’re going to find yourself painting everything with chalkboard paint just so you can add your own super-professional “handwriting” all over the place.
I’m sure you have noticed the growing chalkboard lettering craze sweeping America and Europe right now. It’s pretty awesome. Well, it’s awesome if you have freakishly amazing handwriting (which I don’t!) I can barely write an address on an envelope with grace. Sadly, I’m going to have to leave the hand-lettering to the likes of Dana Tanamachi and Molly Jaques.
This chalkboard DIY is so stylish, so trendy, and so, so easy.
Things I leaned during this DIY:
1. Chalkboard spray paint is a total joke. Just use flat black paint and mix in a tiny bit of unsanded tile grout or buy a can of chalkboard paint.
2. Really, really, really cover the paper with chalk. It will save you so much time in the long run.
3. You might want to do a few words with larger text… not going to lie, this took quite a while because my text was so small (and I’m a bit of a perfectionist.)
4. A small paintbrush + water is like a magic eraser.
5. If you love what you’ve done and want to keep it forever, evenly spray a light layer of aerosol hairspray to seal the chalk.
I hope this inspires you to have fun creating something amazing and original.